Thank you to Blackbird’s Nest over at https://bbnest.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for the Liebster award. I was very surprised! I’m glad you like my blog and thanks for being patient as I’m trying to figure all this stuff out. It’s taken me days to figure out how to answer the questions posed to me and come up with questions. I’m not really good at this kind of thing.
There were eleven questions posed to me so here are my lame answers:
1) If you could punch any public figure in the face right now, with no repercussions, who would it be?
I don’t normally talk politics but I will say that if an elected official is caught in a lie, a big one, they should lose their office. Actually punching someone would probably hurt me more than them.
2) If you could pick three evils to rid the world of forever, what would those be?
Hunger, Intolerance, Hate
What are you wearing? What is the comfiest item of clothing you’ve ever owned in your life?
My fluffy robe.
4) What is your comfort food when you’re sick?
Chicken strips. I know that’s an odd one but I love them and would eat them any time. I even ate them the day I had my top two wisdom teeth removed. I would say it’s an addiction but..actually it IS something I’ll never give up!
5) What was the most emotionally involving story you’ve ever heard/read/watched?
I do not like to watch or read things that will stir negative emotions, so I avoid sad movies and books. The Sandy Hook shooting made me cry
6) Which is more awesome: Dragons or Zombies?
7) What is the most ridiculous situation you ever dreamed yourself in?
I don’t truly know how to answer this one. I dream often that I can fly, but only until I realize I’m flying. Then I can only jump really far. The most ridiculous situation I would have Never dreamed, but found myself in was once many many years ago my oldest son was less than a year old and I was eight months pregnant with the second. I was in the check out line at the grocery store. I was getting over heated, so I was trying to take my jacket off when I started feeling dizzy. The next thing I remember was opening my eyes and seeing tons of people standing over me looking terrified. I glanced around and saw that when I passed out I had taken out the candy rack and broken the door to the little fridge that has soda in it. I thought ‘oh crap, I’m going to have to pay for all that.’ The manager brought me orange juice and some terrible cookies. We spent ten minutes apologizing to each other. I was so confused. I was still foggy and he kept saying things that made no sense. Finally he asked me not to sue. I was astounded. I broke stuff and he’s worried that I’ll sue them! I assured him that I wouldn’t and I bought my groceries and left as quickly as I could. I didn’t go back to that store for years because I was afraid the manager would recognize me lol.
8) If you were a tree and you were chopped for wood/paper, what would you like to be made into?
A book, of course. Not a bad one though. Maybe a Brandon Sanderson novel
9) Do you have anything you keep for sentimental reasons that would otherwise be considered junk?
My fingers would cramp if I typed out all the things I keep. I’m a pack rat and sentimental, which is a terrible combination.
10) If you could meet any fictional character and give them a great big hug, who would it be?
This one is harder than I thought. Ce’Nedra. Look her up.
11) Is there anything seemingly harmless that when people do around you drives you completely nuts?
Besides listen to awful music? I can’t stand when people argue in front of me. It’s very uncomfortable. Also, stupid drivers, which is not really harmless I suppose. My city has the worst drivers on the planet. I don’t particularly like it when people click their pens a lot around me.
So I’m supposed to tell you eleven things about me. This might not be the most exciting list. I froze up when trying to think of things to say.
1. I am NOT a morning person. I don’t like to be around people who are, at least not until I fully wake up.
2. I’m incredibly shy, at first, for about three seconds when I meet new people. After that, you can’t shut me up.
3. Speaking of not shutting up, I talk a lot. All the time. I even talk in my sleep.
4. I love pens. When I look for souvenirs, I look for pens first. I don’t like blue ink though, that’s a deal breaker.
5. Baked fruit grosses me out. Therefore, I don’t eat pie. Cheesecake doesn’t count as pie, yum.
6. My first two cars were Chevy Cavaliers, yes by choice. Oh and I’ve owned four red cars.
7. I’m a creature of habit, which is why I bought the same kind of car twice.
8. I don’t drink coffee, but I love hot tea. British Breakfast, English Teatime, robust black teas are my favorites.
9. I don’t have a favorite song. It’s more accurate to say I have a lot of favorite songs. I couldn’t possibly narrow it down.
10. I’m a super taster so broccoli is the enemy. I also don’t eat much in the way of spicy foods because of it and another issue (see bonus 2).
11. My handwriting is truly awful.
Bonus 1: The Fifth Element is my favorite movie. I’m not claiming it’s the best movie out there, but it’s fun and entertaining. It doesn’t make me cry or feel bad. I have it on DVD and Blu-ray.
Bonus 2: I am allergic or sensitive to weird things. I can’t eat strawberries or drink from an aluminum can because both make my lips swell up and burn. I’m seriously allergic to bell peppers, one of my daughters inherited that one. Cooked spinach makes me ill. I can’t take certain antibiotics, which was a developed allergy. I cannot take narcotic pain relievers, ever. Not even a half dose, yep, learned the hard way.
Bonus 3: Today is my birthday.
The Very Simple Steps To Acceptance:
1) Acknowledge and accept the Liebster Award by leaving a comment on the blog that nominated you.
2) Copy and paste the Liebster logo onto your blog.
3) Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
4) Answer the 11 questions posed to you by the person who nominated you.
5) List 11 random facts about yourself.
6) Nominate and link to 3—11 other blogs you enjoy that have less than 3000 followers.
7) List 11 questions for your Liebster Award nominees on your blog.
8) Inform your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
(I copy and pasted this from Blackbird’s Nest, hope you’re not feeling too used today)
I am terrible at coming up with questions so if you don’t like one then make up your own and replace it. Also I’m stealing some from Blackbird’s Nest.
1. Why do you write a blog?
2. Do you listen to music when you write, if so, what kind?
3. Rose or Amy?
4. If you could live in a novel-world, which world would you choose to live in, and why?
5. What was the most emotionally involving story you’ve ever heard/read/watched?
6. What is your normal day like?
7. What is the weirdest or most unique thing about you?
8. How many snacks are sitting on or near your desk?
9. Are you a plotter or pantser?
10. How many books do you own? (Estimate)
11. Insert your own question here.
This was the hardest post I’ve ever done. If my nominees choose not to answer, I Completely understand! Either way I think you are all great.