There are millions of resolutions being posted today. Here is mine anyway. I have a couple of resolutions and some goals.
- Write more. Write everyday, no matter what, even on my husband’s days off.
- Get organized. This does NOT include my desk but does include my closet! Mostly I need to organize my tons of books and office supplies.
- Finish first story in my middle grade series, and revise it.
- Write the rough drafts of the second, third and fourth in that series. This isn’t as difficult as it sounds. I have the bones to the stories already.
- Finish rough draft of my fantasy story. This is your typical fantasy thing. Ensemble cast. A few dragons. Good against evil. A long quest to find important artifacts. Magic. Awesome locations.
- Figure out if one of the characters in the fantasy story will keep the name Zanne or if I need to rename her. Same with Darian.
- Come up with a solid outline for a YA project. This matters because I’ve been writing it with no planning. I don’t want to lose where I’m going with it.
- Join and participate in a critique group. I’m being pressured to join now (in the best possible way), but I’ve been too chicken to do it. This should probably be a resolution.
- More flash fiction.
I have other goals that have nothing to do with writing but I left them off this list because they are only of interest to me and my family. Good luck with your goals and resolutions. Happy New Year!